Cannon Bastion

Cannon BastionThe Cannon Bastion was built by the Palatine Alexius Thurzo in about 1540. Its cannons would protect the bridges over the river Váh and so-called Upper (Water) Gate of Trenčín with the adjoining part of the town´s entrenchment. In the adjacent annex (with the chapel) used to be a gun powder mill.

Today, the Museum of Trenčín has been preparing short-term and occasional expositions of any kind of creative arts inside these rooms. Along with the stage, situated outside the building, both serve to be organized there different cultural events, performances of folklore ensembles etc. The greatest attention is devoted to the fencing team WAGUS and their performances of historical fence, as well as the actions organized within the Castle´s night tours.